How Our Rehab Program Works
Every client at Sober College has their own hand-picked treatment team consisting of a counselor, academic coach, therapist, psychiatrist & neuropsychologist, and house manager to ensure that they are maintaining a balanced treatment program throughout their stay.
A Unique & Integrated Rehab Program
Sober College’s drug rehab program is designed specifically for young adults age 17-26 and their specific needs. The treatment curriculum at Sober College builds competency in Sobriety, Life Skills, Physical Fitness, Academics, and Emotional Intelligence. Every member of our clients’ treatment team has both an individual and collaborative role in supporting their growth in all of these Five Core Competencies. Clients’ are also guided and encouraged to build strong peer relationships within the Sober College community.
Our unique rehab program allows clients to work one-on-one with the members of their treatment team to develop an individualized treatment plan that is tailored to their unique needs and outlines a plan for long-term sobriety. While at Sober College, clients will work toward their goals and gain the skills necessary to succeed while in treatment. Gradually, they begin to apply these skills to real life situations as they move through the Sober College treatment program on their path to independent living.
The Five Core Competencies:
- Sobriety – a life free of mind and mood altering substances;
- Life Skills – ability to manage stress and daily challenges;
- Productivity – advancement in vocation and/or education;
- Emotional Intelligence – effective management of feelings and emotions;
- Fitness – being of sound mind and body.
The Concept of Sober College is based on three main ideas:
- Age-Specific Treatment – Treatment and recovery for young adults is more effective when they are surrounded by others their same age.
- Attraction Based – Given the right environment, young adults will respond positively.
- Time – The longer a young adult can be in a treatment environment, the better the chances for lasting success.
Newly sober young adults, or those needing a sober environment, often have specific challenges that are overlooked by traditional rehab programs, sober living environments and other educational settings. Sober College’s integrated and experiential rehab design addresses these challenges by adapting to the unique and changing needs of young adults in early recovery.