Unlike other outpatient drug rehab programs that simply help clients abstain from substances and then discharge them, Sober College offers progressive treatment phases, in-depth assessments and individualized treatment programs and planning tailored to the needs of each client. This helps to help ensure that they are prepared to stay sober and be successful long after they leave our care. Our outpatient drug rehab serves as a transitional step between treatment and independent living, providing clients with continued support and therapies that reinforce the progress made in treatment.
“We ensure that each client is prepared to stay sober and be successful long after they leave our care.“
Completed treatment & looking for outpatient drug rehab or aftercare services?
Call 800.465.0142 to speak with an admissions counselor and ask us about Sober College San Diego.
Why Choose Outpatient Drug Rehab at Sober College?
Sober College provides outpatient treatment services at our location in Los Angeles, California, that offer many of the same benefits with lower intensity than residential or inpatient treatment. Primarily offered as a form of aftercare, outpatient drug rehab provides young adults with an individualized plan to continue supporting sobriety through individual therapies, group therapies and education. Outpatient treatment serves as a form of extended care for many clients of Sober College, providing them with resources that are critical to those who have completed treatment who may require additional support as they become accustomed to independent living.
- Our outpatient drug rehab program is lower intensity yet allows clients to connect to the same resources offered in inpatient treatment.
- Outpatient treatment enables clients to continue to develop life skills and emotional intelligence, and better prepare them for life after they leave treatment.
- Outpatient as part of aftercare planning grants clients more independence while providing them with the opportunity to apply lessons learned in treatment in real-world situations.
- Outpatient therapies can take place off Sober College’s campus, providing more flexibility to clients.
- As an age-specific treatment center, Sober College is equipped to adapt to the changing needs of young adults and address substance abuse as it pertains specifically to young adults.
- Our holistic approach to the recovery process ensures young adults recover physically, mentally and emotionally from the negative consequences of drug and alcohol abuse. With access to individual therapy, group therapy, academic coaching and continued development of life skills, outpatient provides young adults with many of the same resources that were available in a inpatient treatment environment.
More About Our Outpatient Drug Rehab Program
Clients in this phases of their recovery are attending groups, meeting with their therapist, practicing life skills, working on their educational and/or vocational goals and more.
Sober College recommends that while participating in outpatient rehab services, clients live in sober supportive housing or sober living. Outpatient drug rehab coupled with a sober home encourages clients to physically abstain from drug and alcohol abuse by removing young adults from enabling peers and environments that can discourage sobriety while they work on building a sober life for themselves. The longer one is living in a supportive residential program, the more likely they are to continue maintaining sobriety.
Like all levels of Treatment offered at Sober College, clients that participate in outpatient rehab continuously revisit the components of the Five Core Competencies to assist them in maintaining their successes and sobriety.
Have questions about which level of treatment is right for you or a loved one?
Call 800.465.0142 to speak with an admissions counselor.
Progressive Treatment = Successful Recovery
Sober College also offers an extended care program, a form of intensive outpatient treatment that helps ease a clients transition from a more structured primary treatment environment to one that encourages more personal responsibility. Clients participating in our outpatient program are encouraged to live in a sober living home or other supportive living environment. This way they are able to continue to develop their sober community and receive random drug testing and support.
Questions about what program would be best for you or a loved one?
Call 800.465.0142 to speak with an admissions counselor today.
Outpatient Drug Rehab as Aftercare
Every experience with addiction varies from person to person and their responses to treatment can vary as well. For some, outpatient rehab can be effective, allowing more independence and the ability to immediately apply the lessons they have learned to their real-world experiences.
Outpatient treatment is structured similarly to inpatient treatment as it is composed of psychiatrists, doctors, mental health workers and therapists. The team provides young adults with individual therapy, group therapy, recreational activities, educational opportunities, guest lectures and spiritual healing to aid them in maintaining sobriety. Participants first identify their emotional and behavioral patterns, and then engage with an aftercare treatment plan that is most beneficial to their needs. The major difference between inpatient and outpatient treatment is a residential experience in which young adults live with peers recovering from drug and alcohol addiction and attend daily therapy sessions, participating in a variety of activities that support a developing sober lifestyle. Outpatient treatment allows clients to live off campus and visit the treatment center for therapies. Both options can provide a plethora of benefits to those in need of support through the recovery process as they reinforce the importance of supportive relationships and education in maintaining a sober lifestyle.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment offer the same type of therapies to young adults. Individuals can utilize both individual and group therapies in treatment and utilize the 12-step model to provide structure and support. In addition, both forms of treatment require individuals to remain sober and regularly attend therapies to stay engaged and continue utilizing services. The two treatments diverge in similarities in regards to their duration. Sober College’s inpatient treatment requires a minimum 90 day stay and can be extended to up to one year depending on the needs of each individual client. Outpatient rehab tends to be more open-ended as clients usually attend therapies weekly and work with therapists to determine decreasing involvement or ceasing treatment.
While the two differ in some regards, outpatient drug rehab offers many of the same benefits as an inpatient treatment program.
- Outpatient therapy allows clients to remain in contact with a sober community. One of the most critical components of successful sobriety is a strong support network. Surrounded by peers who share similar experiences, outpatient treatment allows young adults to engage with others who are working to overcome similar challenges and obstacles throughout the recovery process. Young adults can build friendships with peers in their area who have gone through similar experiences. This can remove feelings of isolation that often drive recovering young adults towards relapse and can help many continue to combat temptations that may lead them astray.
- Outpatient rehab requires participants to be sober. Much like inpatient treatment, those engaged in outpatient therapy must maintain their sobriety. This serves as a method to prevent negative influences from affecting others in treatment. Outpatient builds upon the foundation of existing sobriety to help young adults manage stressors and triggers that can jeopardize their progress. If someone is physically dependent on drugs or alcohol, Sober College requires they attend inpatient treatment first.
- Outpatient treatment provides the benefits of inpatient treatment with more freedom to practice the lessons learned in rehab. Compared to inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment allows young adults to return home every night and requires they attend specific classes and groups at our treatment center. There is more flexibility in scheduling therapy and group sessions, allowing young adults the ability to fulfill daily obligations.
- Outpatient like Inpatient Treatment supports family involvement. Family members are encouraged to participate in outpatient rehab in order to improve home life. Their engagement in the recovery of their loved ones can speed up the recovery process and help reduce the risk of relapse. In addition, family involvement supports not only the recovery of the individual, but also of the family members who may have been negatively impacted by the damage substance abuse can cause.
- Outpatient rehab serves to educate participants and their family members about the psychological and physiological effects of drug and alcohol abuse. The goal of outpatient therapy is to not only help individuals completely abstain from substance abuse, but also to set the foundation for continued growth and support.