If applicable, we recommend clients bring the following items to Sober College:
Prescription Medications – Please come with a 10-day supply of prescription medications.
Clothing – Please bring enough clothing for two (2) weeks. Sober College is a casual atmosphere; we encourage clients to dress comfortably. Clients will be at the gym on a regular basis and will participate in weekly outdoor activities. We ask that clients bring gym clothing, comfortable shoes, and swim attire. We also have events that may require clients to wear dress clothing. Sober College is not responsible for lost or damaged clothing and items. Please keep valuable and expensive clothing items at home. We also suggest that clients label the clothing that they bring. Please keep in mind any excess clothing may be sent home.
Below is an example of the amount of clothing you should pack:
- 7 – Pairs of pants, jeans, and/or shorts
- 14 – Shirts or Blouses
- 4 – Pairs of shoes
- 14 – Socks and under garments
- 5 – Tank tops
- 5 – Sweatshirts and sweatpants (Gym attire)
- 5 – Dresses
- 1 – Swim trunks / Bathing suit
- 4 – Pairs of Pajamas
Most clothing attire is acceptable; however, items that are not acceptable at Sober College are listed below:
- No tight clothing, low-cut or revealing clothing
- No short-shorts or short skirts (No less than fingertip length while standing)
- No torn clothing
- No clothing with drug/alcohol related slogans
- No clothing displaying racially or sexually offensive statements
Laundry / Bedding – Sober College provides clean towels and bedding. Sober College is equipped with washers, dryers and provides laundry detergent. Clients may bring their own bedding and linens if they prefer not to use the ones provided.
Toiletries – Sober College provides generic toiletry supplies to our clients, which are available to them at all times. It is permissible for clients to bring their own toiletry supplies. Please do not bring any items that contain alcohol (mouthwash, hand sanitizer, etc.) or aerosol cans. Such items will be confiscated if brought to Sober College.
- iPod (at your own risk)
- Letter and writing material / Stamps
- Laptops and Cell Phones (will be withheld from clients until appropriate per Treatment Team)
Recommended: Comfort items such as letters, postcards, photos etc.